Our network

Springfield house fire caused by unattended candle | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Springfield house fire caused by unattended candle
News


SPRINGFIELD, Va. (WUSA9) -- A Springfield house fire over the weekend was caused by an unattended candle, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue said.

The fire happened at the home located at 5831 Heming Avenue Saturday night, officials said.

Firefighters quickly knocked the fire out that was coming from the two-story home. Nobody was inside the house when the fire started. The residents called officials when they got home and heard the smoke alarm.

Nobody was displaced and nobody was injured.

Damages are estimated at $18,750. The fire was accidental and was caused by an unattended candle that was too close to combustibles in a bedroom, investigators said.

Like this story? Like us on Facebook

RELATED:

Unattended oil on stove sparks Alexandria house fire

Electrical problem sparked Annapolis mansion fire


News

Springfield Deals