Our network

Unattended food on stove causes Springfield house fire, 3 displaced | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Unattended food on stove causes Springfield house fire, 3 displaced
News


SPRINGFIELD, Va. (WUSA) -- Three people have been displaced after unattended food on a stove inside of Springfield home caused a fire.

The fire happened at the house located at 8678 Center Road around 9:55 a.m. on Sunday, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue said.

When crews got to the scene they found smoke and fire coming from the split-level home. They did an aggressive fire attack and were able to get the fire under control within 10 minutes. The occupants inside of the home were able to get out of the house unharmed, officials said.

Three people had to be displaced. Red Cross offered to help those displaced, however they declined.

The investigation shows that the smoke alarms inside of the house were not working.

Damages are estimated at $163,750. The cause of the fire was unattended food on the stove.

RELATED:

Second victim in Dupont Circle fire ID'd

Storms bring down trees, cause significant damage

87-year-old woman dies after townhouse fire in Fairfax


News

Springfield Deals