Md. Court Considers Speed Camera Contractors | News
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WUSA) - Montgomery County's speed cameras were on trial today in the state's highest court.
The justices had a lot of questions about the private contractor turning out those $40 tickets by the hundreds of thousands.
In a single month in 2009, 9News Now's Scott Broom reports,the county paid its camera contractor nearly a half million dollars- at more than $16 for each of those $40 tickets.
For those drivers wondering what will happen next, see Scott's attached video.
Top Springfield Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prosecutor, Deputies Considering Charges In Alexandria Shooting
- Police Investigating Va. Home Invasion
- Wife of Injured Alexandria Officer Calls Recovery a "Miracle"
- METRO SCHOOL of the ARTS: FIRST D.C.-AREA SECONDARY PRIVATE SCHOOL FOR ACADEMICS and PERFORMING ARTS
- Sinus Balloon Brings Relief In Minutes